hits counter

Feed-in Tariffs: get money for generating your own electricity

By pmadmin
Dec 12th, 2014

If you generate your own electricity (eg with solar panels or a wind turbine) your energy supplier might pay you money. This is called a ‘Feed-in Tariff’ (FIT).

How the scheme works

You’ll get a set amount for each unit (kilowatt hour or kWh) of electricity you generate. The rates vary depending on:

  • the size of your system
  • what technology you install
  • when your technology was installed
  • who put the technology in place –

Contact installer companies or an electricity supplier for more information. You can receive payments from your current energy supplier,

The export tariff – selling surplus energy

As well as the generation tariff, you can also sell any extra units you don’t use back to your electricity supplier. This is called an ‘export tariff’.

You’ll get 4.5p per unit of electricity:

for more information follow this link GOV.UK

About "" Has 109 Posts

Comments are closed.